Pierre Robert Group (PRG) owns the Pierre Robert and La Mote trademarks and develops basic garments for women, men and children. We believe in the perfect combination of comfort and style. With crisp, clean designs we draw inspiration from the Scandinavian way of life, and all our clothes are designed by our Scandinavian design team in Oslo.
All our garments are designed by our Scandinavian design team in Oslo. We are very focused on quality and closely monitor product quality, HSE and corporate social responsibility among our suppliers.
We emphasize quality throughout the supply chain, and work closely with our suppliers to secure ethical, social and environmental principles, and high standards of product quality.
With our expertise and strong brands, we will contribute to growth and profitability of the Nordic grocery industry. The company has 177 employees in Norway and Sweden and operating income in 2014 was NOK 544 million. Pierre Robert Group is a part of the group Orkla, under the business unit Orkla Home and Personal. We have an office in Stockholm and our headquarters are in Oslo.
Pierre Robert Group was originally established as Hjemmets Produkter in 1956, and the La Mote trademark was launched in 1959. The company eventually became HOME’s AS, before it was bought up by Lilleborg. The Pierre Robert brand name was bought in 2006, and Pierre Robert Lingerie was the company’s first new collection. The company changed its name to Pierre Robert Group in 2008 and now owns the Pierre Robert and La Mote trademarks.
Significant milestones in Pierre Robert’s history:
- 2014 Pierre Robert launches the Shape Collection
- 2013 Pierre Robert Webshop launched
- 2010 Pierre Robert launches the Sport Collection
- 2009 Wins Design Effect Award and launches Pierre Robert Young Collection Wool
- 2008 Changes name to Pierre Robert Group, launches the Pierre Robert Wool Collection
- 2006 Launches Pierre Robert Lingerie
- 2006 Buys the Pierre Robert trademark
- 1999 Buys up AB Freds 1994 La Mote AS is established as the company name
- 1990 Lilleborg takes over HOME’s AS 1977 Hjemmet’s produkter become HOME’s AS
- 1959 La Mote is launched
- 1956 The company was established as Hjemmets produkter AS
Over the past few years, the Pierre Robert Group has shifted large volumes of underwear sales from retail shops, i.e. traditional clothing shops, to supermarkets. By building up a new product and with a strong focus on design, Pierre Robert Group has revolutionised the retail trade’s share of the textile market.